A Study in Success:
Webstore Development for European Marketing Campaign
A global medical device company that specializes in diabetes care planned a launch of a new product in the European market. To promote this product launch, the company developed a multi-channel marketing campaign that required the following elements:
- Development of a multilingual web store for European sales representatives to order marketing collateral specific to their territory
- Production of multiple types of printed materials in several languages to support their Pan-European sales force.
Rolling out this marketing campaign across Europe required considerable support infrastructure and was complicated by the tight timelines associated with the new product launch. As a result, the company faced a number of challenges.
- The client needed a time-efficient way to get content developed, quality-approved, printed, and delivered to sales representatives
- A print-on-demand solution was required by the company to meet fluctuating order levels of marketing collateral
- The introduction of a web portal to serve a salesforce that spoke five different European languages
- The company sought a push-pull model where the marketing team could push new collateral straight to sales representatives, and sales representatives could pull relevant materials as needed
- Management required insight into how materials were being used in the field.
The RRD Solution
In order for the company to make this marketing campaign a success, they needed external support. Leveraging RRD’s global infrastructure and wide-ranging capabilities, the company tasked our solutions team with developing a solution that brought the many disparate elements in the marketing campaign into one cohesive, coordinated, and highly streamlined operation. The result was a multifaceted solution that incorporated a range of RRD capabilities including print, order management, web store development, and fulfillment.
Web Store: RRD developed a customer-branded multilingual web store for sales representatives to order print materials and product samples. The web store provided stock availability and lead time information on each product.
Order Management: Web store orders triggered an order management process beginning with print production in one of RRD’s European print facilities and culminating in fulfillment direct to the European sales force.
Print Production: A print production plan was put in place that incorporated both offset and print-on-demand to facilitate optimum order quantities of collateral and other promotional materials.
Flexible Delivery: A flexible delivery model was developed with options from next day to three day delivery.
Reporting: RRD provided the client with detailed web store analytics giving insight into collateral and product sample usage by sales representatives in the field.
RRD implemented this world class marketing support solution in just three months. The on-demand availability of collateral and product samples helped sales representatives to meet the unique selling challenges created by the new product launch. Other highlights included:
- Marketing was given ultimate control over which materials were approved and pushed to representatives, ensuring the brand remained consistent on all collateral
- Training videos were developed in 5 different languages which ensured the rapid adoption of the web portal by sales representatives
- Sales and marketing leadership now have insight into which materials are used by sales representatives.
Benefits of Working with RRD
RRD’s core competencies, strategic direction and vertically integrated services can help to create a unique competitive advantage with the following benefits:
- Reduced time-to-market for products with a single interface and global reach
- Reduced total supply chain cost from design through to final product delivery
- Aid in revenue generation with attractive product packaging
- Streamline global processes with enhanced planning and forecasting.
Supply Chain Solutions
RRD Supply Chain Solutions is a recognized global supply chain and packaging provider that delivers value-add solutions to multiple sectors. As part of RRD (NYSE:RRD), a broad suite of capabilities is offered including packaging design and production, sourcing, kitting and fulfillment services. Solution design, systems, processes and precise project execution can help customers to constantly improve their market share, profits and speed-to-market.