High-Speed Packaging and Labeling for the Life Sciences Sector
With RRD, there is an opportunity to outsource secondary packaging and assembly requirements to a trusted and experienced provider in supply chain services. Faced with rising costs and profit pressures, pharmaceutical companies are looking for new ways to sustain growth in a dramatically changing industry. With over 15 years experience in the life sciences sector, we have a blue-chip list of customers and have assisted them with the launch of multiple products in North America, Europe and Asia.
High Speed Packaging and Labeling
The high capability and flexibility of RRD's packaging lines allows for maximum efficiency, quality and speed in processing from design creation to the delivery of the finished folding box. As each of our customers are unique, we tailor our solutions to your specific project requirements. As the need arises, we manage the sourcing of installation and validation of new equipment.
Packaging types supported include:
- Finished product (bottle/vial)
- Labeling for parenterals and injectables
- Device assembly
- Child resistant and compliance prompting packaging
- Kit assembly
- Manual packaging capabilities for special requirements
- Multi-language labeling
- Manual and automated label application
RRD has globally integrated packaging design expertise for your supply chain needs. This includes initial concept development, packaging specification and procurement through to final product approval, configuration and completion. RRD provides cutting edge packaging technologies and distinctive packaging design in partnering with customers to develop new products.
Our packaging design solutions include:
- Structural packaging design
- Graphic design
- Drop testing and final approval.
Leveraging our in-house integrated product and process design capabilities to develop the optimal packaging solution for your products, we assess all supply chain cost elements including: tooling, design-for-manufacturability, retail requirements, transportation, product storage, and final packaging.
Quality and Regulatory
RRD's secondary packaging and high-speed labeling capabilities combined with the following offer a compelling solution suite:
- FDA registered (class I-III), cGMP/QSR-compliant, ISO13485 accredited facilities in North America, Europe and Asia
- Dedicated team of medical QA/regulatory professionals
- IT strength across the entire supply chain
- ERP, WMS, MES iViewXT SCM Portal, EDI
- 21 CFR part 11 compliant, MES with full eDHR capability
- Full product track and traceability
- ISO 14644-1 Class 8 cleanroom facilities
- Six sigma quality systems
- Cold storage facilities
- Management of EO sterilization and associated laboratory testing requirements
- Pharmaceutical licensing in certain facilities
- Support of 510K, Premarket approval, CE marking and country registration activities.